We are excited to be talking to our first female founder Alexis Horowitz-Burdick this week. Alexis is the founder and CEO of Luxola.com, the number one online destination for beauty products in South East Asia.
Alexis discusses her transition from first successful exit, and the unique approach taken to build and launch her current venture Luxola.com. We then dive into how hiring the right people at startups evolves as the company grows, and finally strategies for organic growth through search engine marketing.
Companies Mentioned In The Episode:
- Why Alexis started Luxola.com?
- What lessons from your previous venture did you take into Luxola?
- In the context of content marketing, what is your current strategy?
- What was your starting strategy for user acquisition?
- How did you reach MVP, initial tracking and funding?
- What were the next major hires after the CTO?
- What the characteristics of these hires?
- What's your take on startup 'culture'?
- What are you core KPIs?
- Are you acquiring new users organically, what is your SEO development?
- Is your search engine marketing in-house or agency based?
- What tools do you use to organise yourself?